Wednesday 3 August 2016

Because I Love You

Because I Love You


(This review is based on the ARC provided by the publisher via Net Galley)

It has been ages since I had read a young adult romance as I generally enjoy more sophisticated plots, but with that said I must say that this masterpiece by Tori Rigby has blown me away. Because I Love You had taken me on a journey of emotions such as joy, sadness, sympathy, anger and love. This book was one of those hidden gems which initially you do not expect to be a page turner, but ends up surprising you with its heartfelt moments. What I enjoyed most about this book was that there were so many different components to the story other than Andie's pregnancy. Tori Rigby has written this book so flawlessly that she manages to bring the characters alive and forces you to go through the roller coaster of emotions with them. I loved the character development of both Andie and Neil because the books takes you through the journey of them being immature teenagers to responsible young adults. The secondary characters of Andie's mother, Jill and her father were all well conceived and well written. I highly recommend this book and  I am now a fan of Tori Rigby and cannot wait for the her next book.

Rating: 4/5

Plot

Sixteen year old Andie Hamillton loses her virginity to her best friend Carter, after a few weeks she finds out that she is pregnant and the father of her child refuses to accept responsibility. Once everyone in school finds out that Andie is pregnant, they begin to ridicule her and ill treat her, even her so call best friends turn their back on her.

Neil Donaghue, who is Andie ex-boyfriend, begins to help and support her through one of the most difficult phases of her life. Together, while falling in love, Neil and Andie have to make one of the most toughest decisions of whether to keep the baby or not.



No comments:

Post a Comment