Monday 7 November 2016

The Hero (Sons of Texas #1)

The Hero


(This review is based on the ARC provided by the publisher via Net Galley)


I LOVED this book, it was filled with so much suspense and drama that it was difficult to put the book down once I started reading it. This was my first time reading a book by Donna Grant and her writing was flawless and descriptive that I was transported to Dallas, Texas.  From the first chapter there was so much going on that I found that I never got bored and always wanted to know more. The depth in all the characters was brilliant and I loved the triple point of view style of writing because it enabled the reader to understand the story completely. The chemistry between Owen and Natalie was great and I enjoyed watching their second chance love story unfold. The story ended in a cliffhanger so I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

Rating: 5/5


Plot

Owen Loughman, a decorated Navy SEAL who is good at his job, is forced to return home when his aunt and uncle is killed and his father is kidnapped.  Owen together with his two brothers and his high school sweetheart Natalie, who he has not been able to forget, must try and save Orrin Loughman.

Natalie Dixon has had her heart broken twice firstly by her high school sweetheart who left without saying a word and secondly by her ex husband who cheated on her. Now with her life at risk, Natalie must trust Owen, the man who broke her heart,to protect her. As they start spending time together, Natalie and Owen realise that they have never gotten over each other and they begin to consider giving their love a second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment