Friday 2 December 2016

Not The One (London Lovers #4) (Lost in London #1)

Not The One



This is the first time I have had such mixed emotions for a book because I found this book both annoying and at the same time completely addictive. I kept on telling myself I am going to stop reading the book, but I could not bring myself to put the book down.  The reason I found the book annoying was that I could not get over Reyna cheating with her best friends boyfriend, it is just something I am totally against. It has been a while since I read a book with such dark and intense emotions and I found it addicting because the characters seemed to just pull you into their emotional roller coaster.  The writing in the book was flawless and exceptional, it has been a while since I have been so captivated with a book. I enjoyed the character development of Reyna because she was trying to improve herself and sort out her problems. Liam's character at times just did not know what he wants because one moment he loves Reyna and the next he doesn't want to be with her. Hayden's character was a good addition to the book because it brought drama and highlighted Reyna's problems. The secondary characters were well developed and brought some lightness to this dark book especially with Frank's vibrant personality. The chemistry between Liam and Reyna was good, but I did not like how Reyna used to treat Hayden's especially after sex. This was my first time reading a book by Amy Dawson and I have become a fan of her extraordinary writing.

Rating: 4/5


Plot

Reyna Miracle has been mourning her best friends death with a guilty conscience for the past three years because her friend died before she could tell her of her betrayal. Now Reyna lives with self hatred and she uses ink to depict her life on her body.

Liam meets Reyna three years after his girlfriend and her best friend dies. He realizes he still loves Reyna, but now he has to try and get Reyna to believe that she is the one.

No comments:

Post a Comment