Sunday 4 December 2016

She's Gotta Be Mine (Cottonmouth #1)

She's Gotta Be Mine



There was nothing special about this in fact I found it quite average and annoying in some parts. Firstly, I could not stand the female protagonist Roberta/Bobbies because she was chasing her husband after he left her for another woman. Also she didn't want to change her life for herself, but was in fact doing it to show her husband. I also find her inner dialogue with her old self very stupid and annoying.  I liked Nick's character because he didn't care what people thought about him and I especially loved seeing him when he got jealous. The writing in the book was good, but at times I felt the story was dragging. The chemistry between Nick and Bobbies was good and their intimate scenes were well written. I enjoyed the suspense aspect of the story especially the twist at the end. This book kind of disappointed me, so I won't be reading the rest of the series.

Rating: 2.5/5


Plot

Roberta Jones Spiney, has just been dumped by her husband of fifteen years for his high school sweetheart.  She then decides to go through a complete make over and even changes her name to Bobbie Jones after which she follows her husband to the small town of Cottonmouth.

Bobbie then moves next door to the towns bad boy and alleged serial killer, Nick Angel. What better way to make her husband see what he lost, than by Bobbie spending time with the handsome bad boy.

When a murder rocks the small town of Cottonmouth, Bobbie has to get to the bottom of the crime in order to save the ones she loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment