Monday 5 December 2016

Where My Heart Breaks (A Willoughby Inn Love Story #1)

Where My Heart Breaks


This was a fairly good romance novel which kept me intrigued till the HEA at the end. I enjoyed the small charming town of Bleckerville with the background of a famous novel and love story.  It was my first time reading a book by Ivy Sinclair and I liked her writing style, but I would have enjoyed a dual point of view more because I felt I barely knew and understood Reed's character.  I liked Kate's character because she showed strength and independence as well as she was able to grow and learn from her past mistakes. I am a sucker for alpha males so I had a soft spot for Reed who wasn't as much of a bad boy as he was made to be.  The chemistry between Reed and Kate was hot especially the sexual tension between them at the beginning of the book. I loved the back drop of the fictional novel that had taken place in Willoughby Inn because it made the book dream like which was a good touch. I enjoyed the secondary characters especially Patrick and Miller because they were well conceived and written. This was a good start to the series and I am looking forward to the rest of the series.

Rating: 3.5/5


Plot

Kate Spiney is forced to spend her summer, before senior year of college, working at the Willoughby Inn because she has to prove to her parents that she learned from her past mistakes. Kate is immediately attracted to the towns bad boy Reed Black, who in fact embraces his poor reputation instead of fighting it.

Reed offers to give Kate lessons in the novel that made the Willoughby Inn famous. As Kate and Reed begin to spend time together, their attraction becomes hard to deny.

No comments:

Post a Comment