Wednesday 26 July 2017

The Kingmaker (Powerplay #2)

The Kingmaker



The Kingmaker is the second book in the Powerplay series and it reminds me of one of my favorite programmes Scandal. I really enjoyed this book because it is a great mix of both politics and romance and I enjoy watching powerful men fall in love. Dereks's character was a powerful alpha male who sticks to his beliefs and is a true born leader and I loved that he could be ruthless in power games, but he was equally sweet and romantic with the woman he loved. London's character was strong and independent and I loved the fact that she never felt sorry for herself or let anyone pity her, she made her decisions and took the responsibility for them. This was my first time reading a book by Selena Laurence and I really enjoyed her style of writing and the way she makes her characters come to life. The chemistry between Derek and London was scorching hot and I enjoyed that their relationship was based around more than just their physical relationship. I really did enjoy this book, but I felt that something was missing and I do not exactly know what it is. Overall this was a brilliant read and I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

Rating: 4/5


Plot

Derek Ambrose is a political genius who is currently serving as a consultant to a presidential candidate.  On the night that his candidate is about to announce his candidacy for president, Derek finds him in a compromising position with a high class prostitute.

London Sharpe is a high end prostitute who leads a double life where on one end she is a prostitute and on the other she is a wealthy lady who volunteers for charity's and has wealthy friends. From the moment Derek and London meet sparks begin fly and they are unable to deny their attraction.

Together they end up becoming news headlines and the presidency depends on them, but there are secrets that London is hiding that will ruin Derek's life and career.



No comments:

Post a Comment