Sunday 26 November 2017

A Thousand Letters

A Thousand Letters




This was my first time reading a book by Staci Hart I found that I really enjoyed it because after very long a book touched my emotions and made me cry as it was a beautiful book about second chance at love.  Staci's writing was flawless and brought to life heart wrenching emotions which did not allow me to put the book down once I had started reading it, which meant me pulling an all nighter just to finish the book so that I could control my emotions. Wades;s character was stubborn and egoistic and I did not enjoy him much because he only though about himself and his own grief and not about his sisters or even Elliot. Then there was Elliot's character who never stood up for herself and allowed her family and Wade to treat her like a doormat, I just wished that she would have fought for what was most dear to her. The chemistry between Wade and Elliot was okay, but their emotions made up for the lack of sizzling chemistry. I loved the dual point of view style of writing because it enabled the reader to get into the  mind and heart of both the characters and understand the reasons behind their actions, however I did wish that they had communicated more openly as it would have saved both of them a lot of heartache. Overall this was a well written and conceived book that will take you on an emotional roller coaster and will force you to look at life from a different perspective.

Rating: 4/5


Plot

Elliot has spent the last seven years regretting the decision to let the love of her life go, after a thousand letters went unanswered she felt broken and lost.

Now so many years later he is back, but Elliot is unable to recognize the man he has become, but she is still able to see a glimmer of the boy she walked away from when she was young.

Maybe if he had come back home under different circumstances, he would be able to speak to me without anger in his voice or rejection in his eyes.

One regretted decision sent him away from Elliot and an painful journey brought him back. If only they could find their way back to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment