Saturday 16 December 2017

Catching Cassidy (Harborside Nights #1)

Catching Cassidy


I am a huge fan of Melissa Fosters books and characters, but his book disappointed me a bit as it did not live up to Melissa's addicting novels which I am used to. Melissa's writing was brilliant as always and I enjoyed the dual point of view writing style. I loved Wyatt's character because he was an an alpha male protecting his best friend and sister at all times. Cassidy's character was annoying because she always let everyone walk over her especially her ex boyfriend and her parents and it took her very long to understand what doe she want from life. When I read Melissa Foster's books I know I am getting to get scorching hot chemistry between the main characters, but in this book the chemistry was good but was not up to Melissa's standards. I also felt that the book should have been more focused on Wyatt story rather than Cassidy's problems because the grief that Wyatt had to get over with the sudden death of his parents was much more than Cassidy and her cheating boyfriend and selfish parents. The secondary characters of Delilah and all of their friends was well conceived and set up the platform for the rest of the series. Overall this was a good book, but as a fan of Melissa Foster it did not meet my expectations as I am used to much better work from her.

Rating: 3/5


Plot

Wyatt Armstrong and his twin sister is left shocked after the sudden death of their parents on graduation. Unable to stay in their family home, Wyatt heads to their summer home in Harborside, with his best friend Cassidy in tow to try and figure out what is the next step.

Cassidy Lowell has been best friends with Wyatt since they were kids and he has always been there to support her, but after Cassidy's recent break up her feelings and attraction for Wyatt has come to the forefront.

Wyatt and Cassidy are unable to deny their chemistry, but Cassidy is aware of Wyatt's playboy past and she has a job in New York to begin in the fall. For the first time in his life Wyatt is forced to think of the future if he does not want to lose the only woman he has loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment