Friday 2 March 2018

One White Lie (Barrington Billionaires #1)

One White Lie



I was really looking forward to reading this book as I am a huge fan of Ruth Cardello and since the characters from her series crossover into this book  I though it would be similar and enjoy the book, however this book sorely disappointed me as it had awful characters and poor writing style. Brice's character was a selfish, entitled, arrogant ass who used his past as an excuse for everything including being a coward and I absolutely could not stand him even though he was an alpha male because his behavior was just cruel and pathetic. Lena's character was just as bad because she had no back bone and she never called Brice out on his bad behavior. She also just let him waltz back into her life like nothing happend and let him treat her like crap. The chemistry between Lena and Brice was average and I did not feel an emotional connection with them. Jeanette writing is average and I could not stand the internal dialogues that the characters were having and I also felt that she skipped through the important parts of the book. Overall this was was poorly written book with awful characters and I will not reading any more books in this series. 


Rating: 2/5

Plot

Brice Henderson had traded everything in his life to become successful in his business and his company is currently on the verge of their biggest success which would endure him the top spot in the business arena. The last thing he needs now is a distraction from the past. 

Lena Razzi spent the last couple of years trying to get over Brice, but when she is offered an opportunity of a lifetime, would she take the risk even it means her ending up with a broken heart again?


No comments:

Post a Comment